Sunday, January 23, 2011

designer.


Who am I as a designer?

That question is impossible for me to answer because I honestly don’t know.  I like to think I have a different perspective when it comes to designing, but I don’t have a consistent enough perspective to declare one. 

I like everything from messy and modern to sleek and unique.  (I also like that that rhymes, ha)  I draw inspiration from everything, and I mean everything.  I read a lot of blogs though this is my first attempt at writing one.  I constantly check out staple blogs like The Dieline and Smashing Magazine.  I also just spend time looking through websites and magazines I happen to come across. 


I also like things that are homemade and/or eco-friendly.  I love simplicity and clean lines in designs.  





One day I would love to work with sports teams, preferable a hockey team.  Branding and marketing for them would be a great job.  Besides that I would like to work somewhere it is cold where I could ski during the day and work at night, but I know it will extremely hard work to get to that point and chances are I might not ever make it.  





I guess you could say music also inspires me.  I listen to it all the time and it is rare to see me without headphones on.  I love finding new bands and artists that are not mainstream.  I don’t know what would happen if there was no music, and don’t want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment